Thank you for your applications!
Resilience To Natural Disasters
Iberdrola is a leading energy company & pioneer in digitalizing and automating the electric network. With assets worth €113bn, Iberdrola is one of the largest electric utilities in the world, providing energy to more than 100 million people globally. The company's mission is to provide efficient electricity supply - in cooperation with startups.
Improving operations, maintenance & engineering work, including but not limited to big data & analytics and drones to assess and monitor electric facilities before the storm happens.
Improving operations, including but not limited to big data & analytics and drones to assess and plan activities after the storm happens.
Besides the operational and service impact, these events have an economic impact associated. Iberdrola is interested in solutions that can help to reduce the economic impact.
Why You Should Apply
The Challenge offers the possibility to build a pilot within the Group Ecosystem, combining your capabilities with the resources & market reach of Iberdrola.
If the pilot succeeds, Iberdrola will add solutions to the current portfolio of providers to minimize the impact of extreme weather events. Besides, Perseo, the VC arm of Iberdrola, could consider doing an investment.
Thousands of km of lines, transformers, substations, and customers are the perfect breeding ground for your technology.
17 May 2019
30 June 2019
from October 2019
See our responses to some of the most common questions or view the complete Terms and Conditions.
Who can apply to STORM RESILIENCE?
This challenge seeks creative and innovative approaches to help mitigate the impacts of weather and damage to Iberdrola's electric system. These solutions need to support the storm recovery decision-making process in the areas of preparedness, response, recovery, and mitigation. Proposals for consideration should include, but not be limited, to the following:
- Identification and development of predictive methods for determining where damage could occur along with the potential magnitude of the damage
- Identification and development of preventative methods for reducing or even preventing potential damage to areas of less resilience
- Identification and development of recovery methods for increasing restoration of service to customers in the event of an outage
- Prioritization of recovery solutions to help restore service to customers in the most efficient expeditious, and safe manner
- Possible hedging strategies to mitigate the financial impacts of storms
My startup is not in the energy industry - can I still apply?
Iberdrola is seeking creative ideas or approaches that focus on reducing the impacts of severe weather due to global warming on its electric facilities. Desirable approaches should include, but not be limited to, unique and innovative methods to predict, prevent, recover and/or hedge financial impacts from weather events that impact Iberdrola's electric infrastructure and impede service to their customers.
Can I apply to more than one area?
You are welcome to apply for more than one area. Just make sure to submit a separate application for each.
What are STORM RESILIENCE's key benefits for my startup?
There are many reasons why you should apply for STORM RESILIENCE:
- possibility to build a pilot within the Group Ecosystem, combining your capabilities with the resources & market reach of Iberdrola
- if the pilot succeeds, Iberdrola will add solutions to the current portfolio of providers to minimize the impact of extreme weather events
- Perseo, the VC arm of Iberdrola, could consider doing an investment
- lines, transformers, substations, and customers are the perfect breeding ground for your technology
What do I need to know about the Pilot Project?
The winner of the challenge will sign a collaboration and testing agreement with Iberdrola Networks and/or any other relevant company of the Iberdrola Group.
Iberdrola and/or the relevant company will:
- bear the costs of such collaboration and testing activities
- provide the technical support to test the solution proposed, granting access to equipment, teams, infrastructures, high-tech locations, and co-working areas
- provide a real environment and data to test the solution